EDITION 2018, ADAS AND AD MARKET, ANALYSIS AND FORECAST – 2018 – 2030
M14 Intelligence predicts 60 million passenger cars will be equipped with some kind of automation by 2030. Out of which 30 million cars will be ADAS featured, 30 million will be Level 2/Partially automated while 5.3 million cars will be highly automated and driverless. The detail analysis of ADAS and AD market by SAE levels of automation, technology penetration, analog semiconductor content (camera or image sensors, ultrasonic sensors, radar sensors, LiDAR sensors) market, and trends are covered in the latest report “Edition 2018, Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD) Market, Analysis and Forecast – 2018 – 2030” published in January 2018 with 300+ pages analysis, 250+ technology players (18 OEMs and 200+ Tier 1s, Tier 2s, and other technology players), 25+ companies profiled, 180+ infographs, and 150+ data tables.
The report gives deep-dive analysis of the competitive landscape of the ADAS and AD market by analyzing the inorganic growth strategies adopted by the OEMs and leading Tier 1 suppliers. Owing to the benefits like increased in safety of vehicle and CO2 emission many government general bodies around the globe are investing public funding project for the development of the autonomous technology. Moreover, private funding project also comes into the picture for the development of autonomous vehicle. As a result of these funding and technological development leads to the global race in the research and development (R&D). This development race heads the car makers in deploying their autonomous vehicles in the market, among these car makers Ford, BMW, GM, Toyota, Nissan, Audi, and Tesla are the top R&D spenders. Likewise the tier 1 suppliers also heavily investing in research and development. Bosch, Continental, and Delphi are the leaders in the terms of R&D spenders. The changing dynamics and its impact on the automotive industry with the emergence of connected, autonomous, electric, and shared mobility solutions is precisely evaluated in the report. The report also targets on the use of artificial intelligence and sensor fusion as a part of changing dynamics of the ADAS and AD market. The below section covers the scope of the research study with the key questions answered in the report.
Scope of the ADAS and AD Market Report –
- Passenger Cars (PC) and Commercial Vehicles Production and Sales Statistics – (2012 – 2030)
- SAE Levels of Autonomy Analyzed and Penetration Rate in Passenger Cars and Commercial Vehicle Sales
- SAE Level 0 – No Automation
- SAE Level 1 – Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS)
- SAE Level 2 – Partial Automation
- SAE Level 3 – Conditional Automation
- SAE Level 4 – High Automation
- SAE Level 5 – Full Automation/Driverless Cars
- ADAS and AD Market – Analog Semiconductor Content (Sales. Market Size, and Pricing Trends) Analyzed
- Camera Sensor or Image Sensing – The camera sensor used in ADAS and Autonomous driving is analyzed based on the technology of camera sensing – Monocular Camera, Stereo Camera, and Tri-focal Camera. The camera positioning in an autonomous car is also analyzed which includes – driver monitoring or in-dash camera, front-view camera, rear-view camera, and surround-view camera.
- Ultrasonic Sensor
- Radar Sensor – The radar sensor used in ADAS and Autonomous driving solutions is analyzed based on the technology of radar sensing – short-range radar and medium and long-range radar.
- LiDAR Sensor – The LiDAR sensor used in Autonomous driving solutions is analyzed based on the technology of LiDARs developed in the market – mechanical or rotating LiDAR and solid-state LiDAR. Qualitative information on technologies such as scanning MEMS mirror LiDAR, flash LiDAR, non-scanning LiDAR, and IR LiDAR is also covered extensively in the report.
- Artificial Intelligence & Sensing Algorithms
- Sensor Fusion