Smart, Social and Autonomous
The automotive industry is undergoing rapid transformation because of changing demographics, lifestyles and new ownership models. An avalanche of intelligent technologies such as ADAS, in-vehicle electronics, autonomous driving features and rapid innovation in the ecosystem are redefining the pre-purchase, driving and transition experience.
There are a number of key trends that will influence the connected vehicle market in the next 3 to 5 years including the following ones.
- Extreme personalization: It is either personalize or perish and human-centered design is key
- Exponential growth in bandwidth & ubiquitous connectivity: Moore’s law applies as much to connectivity as it does to computing. Analysts predict data velocity of 350 MB/sec by 2017
- Changing business models: Car-sharing, on-demand services are adopted rapidly and will challenge existing ownership paradigms
- Rapid ecosystem innovation: Availability of vehicle related data through on-board diagnostic (OBD) port is revolutionary and has fueled massive opportunities for after-market players
- Data will be the competitive edge: Analysts predict that upto 75% of connected car services will be fueled by big data.