16 septembre 2020

Robotaxis: What’s The Difference Between 10x Better & 10x Safer?

When thinking of being a 10 times better driver — better in solving difficult situations — we get a completely different picture. In that case, we can remove all the victims of DUI, texting, dozing off while driving, disciplining the kids in the back seat, or plain stupid behavior like reckless speeding. That is about 90% of all accidents. The other ~10% of accidents are the result of the driver not being fast enough, not being experienced enough, having only 2 eyes (with none in the back of his head), and other normal... [Lire la suite]

16 février 2020

ROAD SAFETY IN THE EUROPEAN UNION

ROAD SAFETY IN THE EUROPEAN UNION The road safety situation differs widely between Member States. Some of them report substantial progress, while others are still performing significantly below the EU average. However, the gap between the worst- and the best-performing EU Member States has been narrowing year after year. In 2017, none of the Member States registered a fatality rate higher than 100 deaths per million inhabitants, and eight of them recorded a fatality rate lower than 40 deaths per million inhabitants.   In... [Lire la suite]
Posté par NEXYAD à 00:40 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]
Tags : , , , , ,
28 janvier 2020

ARTICLE ON CNN TALKING ABOUT NEXYAD THAT CREATES SOFTWARE TO ALERT DRIVERS OF POTENTIAL ACCIDENTS CNN

ARTICLE ON CNN TALKING ABOUT NEXYAD THAT CREATES SOFTWARE TO ALERT DRIVERS OF POTENTIAL ACCIDENTS CNN   quote : “DERQ is not the only company working in this space. HUMANISING AUTONOMY has developed a 'pedestrian intent prediction platform intended to make autonomous vehicles safer;" DRIVERI is a platform that analyzes commercial vehicle drivers' to improve their performance, and NEXYAD creates software that can be built into cars to alert drivers of potential accidents.” Link : https://lnkd.in/gkGJjiM Note : NEXYAD... [Lire la suite]
30 septembre 2019

BLACK SPOTS "THEORY" HAS NO MEANING FOR ROAD ACCIDENT

BLACK SPOTS "THEORY" HAS NO MEANING FOR ROAD ACCIDENT Everyone has heard about "black spots" where there would be a concentration of road accident and some companies try to build a map of them … This is doomed to failure. Imagine yourself, blindfolded, darting on a wall. Each time you finish, you inspect and note the areas of impacts concentrations ... Of course, at each turn, the areas are elsewhere! because it's only random with an insufficient number of repetitions . Well, that's exactly what you do when you record traffic... [Lire la suite]
Posté par NEXYAD à 00:09 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]
Tags : , , , , ,
06 avril 2019

NEXYAD at Secours Expo Forum, in Paris : presenting SafetyNex for road accident prevention

NEXYAD at Secours Expo Forum, in Paris : presenting SafetyNex for road accident prevention   NEXYAD presenting SafetyNex for road accident prevention on the NEXYAD booth offered by French Governent as a reward for the prize of ROAD SAFETY that SafetyNex got last month from Minisitry of Roads. See : https://www.secours-expo.com/    
Posté par NEXYAD à 00:10 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]
Tags : , , , ,
22 mars 2019

Recent winter weather-related accidents should serve as a cautionary tale

Recent winter weather-related accidents should serve as a cautionary tale The sheer number of car accidents in Michigan this week should be a reminder to us all that we need to exercise great caution when driving in the winter Throughout this past week, Michigan has been hammered with ice, snow, and dangerously low temperatures. Winter has certainly returned to our state. Unfortunately, with the weather being as hazardous as it’s been, we have heard countless reports of weather-related auto accidents. In fact, if you’ve not... [Lire la suite]
Posté par NEXYAD à 08:01 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]
Tags : , ,
23 septembre 2016

SafetyNex App may reduce road accident rate by 20%

SafetyNex App may reduce road accident rate by 20% I - ONBOARD TELEMATICS AND AUTO INSURANCE : REMINDER   Onboard telematics now can measure behavior of a driver, and therefore, car insurers have early started this adventure of connected car, more or less successfully.   The simplest applications that have been deployed are: . locate stolen vehicles . measure the usage of the driver, and in particular the number of kilometers traveled in order to propose adaptive pricing (vehicle   that always stays in a... [Lire la suite]