Here is the 3rd retrospective article on the ADAS groupement blog. Last month many perspectives on the future of the ADAS market and initiatives from the industry player were related on the ADAS blog. Enjoy browsing through our article collection posted in March.
Also feel free to comment this article and share our articles on social networks.
Starting, as usual, by news from member of the groupement, you can learn more about ADAS product and how complementary they are:
- Soon, NEXYAD will transform your ordinary car into an intelligent car using ... your smartphone
- A French startup has all the Artificial Intelligence technologies needed to avoid many accidents such as recent UBER accident
Focus on latest news
You surely heard about the accident that killed a pedestrian few days ago. Here are two articles about this tragic accident and first clue about its origins.
- Human Driver Could Have Avoided Fatal Uber Crash, Experts Say
- Just How Safe Is Driverless Car Technology, Really?
ADAS technologies and market Overwatch
Many articles were focused on technologies and market. It also contains a small focus on ADAS from car insurer perspectives.
- AI should help increasing road safety for robot taxi allowing to put them in function soon
- Why the Rise of Self-Driving Vehicles Will Actually Increase Car Ownership
- Automotive revolution – perspective towards 2030
- 10 Million Self-Driving Cars Will Hit The Road By 2020 -- Here's How To Profit
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2017 - 2022)
- The Future of European Transit: Driverless and Utilitarian
- Today’s Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) are gradually evolving into full autonomous vehicle systems.
- 3D LiDAR Delivers Automotive Solutions
- Who's driving? Autonomous cars may be entering the most dangerous phase
- Here’s every company developing self-driving car tech at CES 2018
- Global $2.76 Billion ADAS and Autonomous Driving Components Market, Analysis & Forecasts 2017-2026
- Fleet and safety: Is Artificial Intelligence the new safety revolution?
Focus on car insurance
- Automated Driving: The Technology and Implications for Insurance
- UBI creates chance for insurers to partner with automakers
- The future of auto insurance
Car & shuttle industry
As usual, many articles that relate intiatives from industry players were posted on the ADAS blog. You will find bellow some trends sorted by car/shuttle manufacturer and also sorted by different region of the world.
- Mercedes joins forces with Bosch to develop self-driving taxis
- Nissan and DeNA will begin testing a self-driving taxi service in Japan next month
- Lyft partners with Aptiv to offer robot taxi rides at CES 2018
- Uber signs contract with Nasa to develop flying taxi software
- You can now catch a Tesla taxi in Dubai
- Volvo looks to supply Uber with up to 24,000 self-driving cars
- SOCAR to Adopt ADAS(intelligent driving aid) on the Greatest Number of Vehicles in the Industry
Around the world
- Autonomous vehicle shuttle to Dubai Mall soon
- Dubai launches its first driverless mini shuttle
- Dubai RTA launches tests of world's first autonomous pods
- South Korea Built a “City” to Test Self-Driving Cars
- China in the race
Special topic, not directly relatedto automative and ADAS but who knows, maybe it will be a substitution production one day !